For most people, the transition from winter to spring brings feelings of warmth, hope, and a desire for a fresh start on new beginnings. If you’re planning a residential moving project, whether it’s to start a new job, to be closer to family, or for another reason, spring is the perfect season for change—and can be the ideal moment of the year for launching your next transition into a new life.
At Capital City Transfer, we are dedicated to helping our customers make smooth and easy moves across the country and around the world—whether it’s during the spring, summer, fall, or winter. We particularly love spring moving for many reasons and think that it’s the perfect time of the year for organizing relocations near and far.
If you’re thinking about moving this season or are already starting to plan your next relocation before the summer, you’re in the right place. In this guide, our expert Madison movers at Capital City Transfer will help you discover some of our favorite tips for making your residential moving experience a success, and how you can get your new chapter in life started off on the right foot with a springtime move.
Capital City Transfer’s Top 8 Tips for Spring Relocation
Even if spring is arguably the best season for moving, the move itself can be a challenge if not handled properly. Spring presents a number of issues that might come up during the season, and there are various pitfalls to avoid. The good news is that we have put together some handy tips to help you navigate your spring move below.
- Negotiate Estimates: During the spring, the main benefit of moving is the opportunity to take advantage of lower rates. While not as cheap as a winter move, a move during spring is much cheaper across the board than a summer move, which is peak season for relocation in the country. Plus, with spring you won’t have to worry about understaffing due to either a slow or peak moving season. Since staffing is a non-issue, you also benefit from a lack of scheduling conflicts. Basically, a spring move is your time to get the best experience possible at an affordable rate, so make sure you take some time to shop around for estimates with various companies instead of choosing the first one you find.
- Avoid Non-Professionals: Spring is prime time for moving scams and unprofessional movers that lure customers in by advertising lower rates. Non-professional movers may seem like a great deal at first but can often wind up costing you a fortune in hidden fees, loss or damage of property, and outright theft. Avoid falling victim to a moving scam by choosing a professional, licensed moving company with a solid history of satisfied customers and high ratings on third-party websites like Angie’s List or Yelp.
- Navigate the Weather: Spring is known for its lovely weather and mild temperatures. The warm sun balanced by the cool, gentle breeze offers perfect moving conditions on most days, which is another reason why spring is such a great time for moving. However, this isn’t always the case—and rainstorms and other weather hiccups are common. Make sure to keep up with the daily and weekly forecasts to avoid weather flukes and to plan your relocation for the best days of the season.
- Springtime Sales: With the naturally great weather and extended daylight hours, home sales are easier in the spring than in other seasons. If you’re planning on selling your home, make sure to connect with a real estate agent early in the year (if not before the year begins), to make the most out of your spring real estate plans.
- Perfect Garage Sale Season: With more daylight hours to work with and the pleasant weather conditions, spring is also the perfect time to facilitate a garage sale. Spring cleaning can make your yard sale intentions particularly easy and will help you streamline your belongings before it’s time to pack for your move.
- Take Advantage of Spring Fever: Many people experience “spring fever” in the spring or the feeling of restlessness and excitement that adds energy to your days. Take advantage of the extra energy and added “spring” in your step, and put it to good use for executing your relocation.
everything about the spring is perfect. Many people have allergy problems
or suffer difficulty adjusting to extra hours of daylight, making them
feel tired or frustrated. If you know you’re susceptible to allergies, ask
your doctor about allergy medications to keep them under control.
- School Moves: If you have children or teenagers in your household that are in school, coordinating the move can be difficult. You can consider organizing a big move around the spring break vacation, or a local move over a long weekend. If possible, consider waiting until school is over to make the transition easier on the kids.
Moving with Capital City Transfer
For over 45 years, Capital City Transfer has offered exceptional moving and storage solutions at affordable rates and has embraced a customer-first mentality when it comes to our services. Every member on our team of Madison movers, from our account managers to our expert drivers, brings a wealth of moving industry experience to the table, and are committed to making your next move a success.
If you’d like more information on our relocation services at Capital City Transfer, we’d love to hear from you. Give us a call to speak with an agent about your upcoming move, or fill out our online form to schedule a free, no-obligation, in-home moving quote now.
TagsLocal Movers in Madison Long Distance Moving Company Moving and Storage
Subscribe to Capital City Transfer Inc's Blog