If you live in Madison, moving is a big deal. As a matter of fact, it’s a big job, no matter where you’re moving from or heading to! Because moving is such a big deal, it can end up making you feel a bit overwhelmed, and the more overwhelmed you feel, the more you’re likely to procrastinate.
The fact is, the more planning you do, the better you’ll be able to coordinate your move like a professional Madison moving company! It’s best to take things a day at a time, or in this case, a few weeks at a time by creating the perfect timeline for your move.
8 Weeks before Moving Day
· Create a moving budget: Figure out how much money packing supplies, a moving truck, and extra insurance is going to cost.
· Inventory your home: Go room-to-room, listing your possessions. You won’t realize just how much stuff you have until you make a list!
· Create a packing plan: After doing inventory, determine which items need special packaging, and decide when you’re going to pack up the items in each room.
4 Weeks before Moving Day
· Change your address: Go online or visit the nearest post office.
· Get your supplies: Get all the packing supplies you’ll need and rent the moving truck.
· Start packing: Pack non-essential items first, leaving essential items till last.
2 Weeks before Moving Day
· Pack essentials: Start packing things like dishes and bath towels. Create survival kids with items that will need to be unpacked right away.
· Cancel utilities: Call the utility companies and have your service transferred to your new home.
· Pack furniture: As the two-week time frame draws to a close, start disassembling and packing furniture.
1-2 Days before Moving Day
· Wrap up packing: Anything that hasn’t been packed yet should be packed right away.
· Charge your phone: Make sure essential electronics are charged.
· Sleep: Get plenty of rest so you have enough energy for the big day!
By organizing your to-do list weeks ahead of time, you can rest easy knowing that your big move will go off without a hitch!
If you’re still feeling overwhelmed, schedule your move with the Madison movers at Capital City Transfer, Inc. Fill out our online form or give us a call and we’d be happy to provide you with a free quote!
Subscribe to Capital City Transfer Inc's Blog