The fact is, the more planning you do, the better you’ll be able to coordinate your move like a professional Madison moving company! It’s best to take things a day at a time, or in this case, a few weeks at a time by creating the perfect timeline for your move.
8 Weeks before Moving Day
· Create a moving budget: Figure out how much money packing supplies, a moving truck, and extra insurance is going to cost.
· Inventory your home: Go room-to-room, listing your possessions. You won’t realize just how much stuff you have until you make a list!
· Create a packing plan: After doing inventory, determine which items need special packaging, and decide when you’re going to pack up the items in each room.
4 Weeks before Moving Day
· Change your address: Go online or visit the nearest post office.
· Get your supplies: Get all the packing supplies you’ll need and rent the moving truck.
· Start packing: Pack non-essential items first, leaving essential items till last.
2 Weeks before Moving Day
· Pack essentials: Start packing things like dishes and bath towels. Create survival kids with items that will need to be unpacked right away.
· Cancel utilities: Call the utility companies and have your service transferred to your new home.
· Pack furniture: As the two-week time frame draws to a close, start disassembling and packing furniture.
1-2 Days before Moving Day
· Wrap up packing: Anything that hasn’t been packed yet should be packed right away.
· Charge your phone: Make sure essential electronics are charged.
· Sleep: Get plenty of rest so you have enough energy for the big day!
By organizing your to-do list weeks ahead of time, you can rest easy knowing that your big move will go off without a hitch!
If you’re still feeling overwhelmed, schedule your move with the Madison movers at Capital City Transfer, Inc. Fill out our online form or give us a call and we’d be happy to provide you with a free quote!
Subscribe to Capital City Transfer Inc's Blog